Resources to help you research issues related to Harper Lee's novel To Kill a Mockingbird are located in this Groupfusion site. They include pathfinders with information on
- The impact of the depression on the southern U.S.
- The causes of the dust bowl and the agricultural devastation during the depression.
- Jim Crow laws and impacts on southern Blacks
- Civil Rights movement during the 1940’s-1965
- History of slavery in U.S.
These pathfinders are MSWORD documents that you can download to your home computer. They are all located in a folder called To Kill a Mockingbird
In addition to the pathfinders, there is a custom search engine loaded with hundeds of online literary and historical resources. All of these resources have been checked for educational value (as opposed to just a general Google search). The web address (URL) for this custom search engine is http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=015837376780775674803:ti3lleupoly or you can find the custom search engine on the GHCHS Library Blog located at www.vlcspear.blogspot.com